A non-refundable confirmation deposit of $200 is required of all enrolling new undergraduates for fall quarter admission. Students planning to reside on campus are also required to pay a $300 housing deposit, which can be paid at the time you submit your confirmation deposit ($200 confirmation + $300 housing = $500 total deposit). Housing deposits are refundable up until August 1, 2017.
The $200 confirmation deposit (and housing deposit, if applicable) will be applied to your first quarter invoice. Confirmation deposits can be made through SUOnline or mailed with the Admission Response Form that was included in your acceptance packet.
Students admitted and planning to attend Seattle University in fall quarter 2017 must have paid their confirmation deposit in one of the following three ways:
- Online (see instructions below)
- By mail with the deposit form included in your acceptance packet.
- In person on campus at the Admissions Office (cash or check online).
To pay your confirmation deposit online, you will need:
- Your SU account login information. Set up your password now.
- A valid Visa card or Mastercard, or electronic check routing information.
- Secure internet connection.
To submit your deposit online, please take the following steps:
- Visit www.suonline.seattleu.edu.
- Log in using the username (included in your acceptance packet) and the password you set. If you are setting up your account for the first time, click "Forgot/Set Password" in the upper right hand corner.
- Click "Students" to access the Student Menu.
- Under "Student Billing and Payment," click the link that says "Student Account Center (Bills, Payments, Deposits)." You will be taken to a secure account center.
- Click the tab that says "eDeposits" and select your start quarter (Fall 2017).
- Follow the prompts to pay your $200 confirmation deposit.
Should you plan to live on campus, you may repeat steps 5 and 6 to pay a $300 housing deposit.
As deposits are not refundable, do not submit a deposit unless you are certain that you wish to enroll at Seattle University.
If you have applied for financial aid, you are not required to submit a confirmation deposit until you have received financial aid notification (provided that you have met the financial aid application deadline).
Exceptions to the enrollment confirmation deposit requirement are occasionally made for reasons of significant financial need, as demonstrated by the FAFSA report and if recommend by the Student Financial Services Office. Typically a waiver means that most costs are met through federal, state and Seattle University need-based grants and scholarships. Students seeking deposit waivers must submit written requests to the Dean of Admissions after receiving their financial aid packages.
A deposit is not required for students admitted for summer, winter and spring quarters. Please contact the Admissions Office to confirm your enrollment.