Greetings from the Vice President
The Division of Student Development is committed to creating a vital and engaged campus community that challenges and supports undergraduate, graduate and professional students to learn and develop the knowledge, skills, and values needed to lead and serve in an interdependent, global society. Our approach is both holistic and inclusive. Holistic in that student growth and development is fostered intellectually, socially, physically and spiritually. Inclusive in that all members of the campus community - especially our students - are encouraged to become actively engaged in the teaching and learning process.
Our distinct Catholic/Jesuit mission affords us an opportunity to develop women and men of integrity, deeply committed to improving the quality of life for all persons, particularly those most disenfranchised in society. Working in partnership with other areas of the campus, Student Development provides programs, services and activities to assist students in developing the competencies, skills and values needed to lead and serve in a diverse and changing world. We seek to do this by fulfilling our strategic goals.
Michele C. Murray, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Development
- Creating High-Value Out-of-Classroom Student Experiences: Designing and implementing outstanding initiatives, programs, and services that connect students with one another and with the university
- Educating and Preparing Students for a Changing and Diverse World: Developing students' knowledge, skills, and motivation to succeed on their university journey, in their careers, and in life
- Operationalizing Students' Search for Meaning and Purpose: Building students' skills and habits for lifelong reflection and discernment
- Responding to Changing Student Demographics: Consistently growing in our understanding of who our students are in all of their complex diversity
- Integrating Effective and Adaptive Technologies: Pursuing opportunities through technology to be more effective, increase student access, and remove barriers
Vision and Mission
The vision of the Division of Student Development is to help our students achieve success while at Seattle University and to empower them to lead extraordinary lives when they graduate.
Our MissionAs stewards of the Redhawk Experience for all Seattle University students, we will partner with students and campus colleagues to develop and implement experiences that will engage, prepare, and empower students in their search for meaning and purpose.